3 Top Techniques for Kid's Book Writers and Illustrators
An INSTANT ACCESS Workinar on Rhythm, Pacing and Page Turns
Both written word and illustration, rhythm, pacing and page turns keep your readers excited for what's to come and create an environment that is interactive and stimulating.
Learn from Two Publishing Experts - Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Art Director Andrea Miller and Clear Fork Publishing/Spork Editor & Art Director Dr. Mira Reisberg how to Keep Kids Engaged with These Captivating Creative Techniques!
So What's A Workinar? A Workinar
is a cross between a workshop and a webinar with lots of active learning
opportunities rather than passive reading or watching to make for a
richer and more helpful experience.
Click Here to Register!
The Craft & Business of Illustrating Children’s Books is co-taught by Andrea Miller Acquiring Art Director & Senior Designer at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and Dr. Mira Reisberg, Aquiring Editor / Art Director at Clear Fork/Spork.
Andrea designed or art directed Lady Pancake and Sir French Toast by Josh Funk and many more!
Most recently, she co-art directed and designed the #1 national best-selling children's book, "A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo by John Oliver.
Andrea and I have created some AMAZING content in this course - I’m just so excited!!
Read on to find out and learn a little about what happens in this Special Training on Rhythm, Pacing & Page Turns for Both Picture Book Writers & Illustrators and then register below!!!
- You'll be learning how the magical element of rhythm affects both writing and illustration to make your book sing!
Don't forget to bring some paper and a pencil or pen for some fun exercises!
- Pacing is a term that has been used for both writing and film making for a very long time. It's how you lead the reader or viewer from the beginning to the end. But did you know that illustrators use pacing to amp up the emotion, hint at what's to come and amp up the suspense? Writers also use specific techniques to pace their stories for the very same effects. Come learn how.
- Page Turns are an important part of pacing. We'll be exploring how skillful writers and illustrators practically force you to turn the page with suspenseful techniques that make you desperate to find out... What Happens Next?
- This promises to be lots of FUN with FANTASTIC LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES!
"Thank you both so much for this webinar. The worksheets were wonderful. These worksheets gave me new insight into an old story that I had put aside!
I learned so much through this webinar. There are some webinars that feel like commercials through the whole webinar, but the Children Book Academy webinars feel genuinely devoted to helping people learn about creating children's books
I like that Mira and Andrea were able to answer so many questions and cover so much information in such a short period of time! Not only do I feel like I learned something, but I also had a ton of fun. It's great seeing old friends and meeting new people.
I had signed up for the The Craft and Business of Illustrating Children's Books before this workinar and I feel like it just confirms that I made the right decision. I can't wait to get started in this course. I hope lots of people join me for this adventure in learning!!"
- Dani Duck, Freelance Writer, Instructor & CBA Graduate
Dr. Mira Reisberg - The Director of the Children's Book Academy, acquiring Editor and Art Director and former literary agent, co-teaches most of the courses with her fabulous faculty, although some are taught by others. Mira has published award-winning children's books, and helped many authors and illustrators make wonderful books and get them published. Children's Book Academy students have published or contracted over 360 books so far!